Monday, January 9, 2012

New Year's Resolutions: Gaming Goals for 2012

I originally posted this to G+, but I'd like to have it in a more permanent place.

1.) Actually finish an idea that I have. I have serious issues with completing projects--I come up with a cool idea and then let it wilt. I work much better collaborating with someone else in an editorial/brainstorming type of way.

2.) Finally force my old gaming group to get back together and start gaming again. They've all said "Yeah, that sounds great," and then I tell them "Your schedules are the ones that are weird, not mine, so contact me." Of course they never do. Failing that I'll get a new group started.

3.) Get involved in a long term campaign via G+ Hangouts as a player.

4.) Do a blog entry every other day. I've been averaging one every other day but it tends to be 5 in a row, 3 or 4 days off, 5 days in a row.

5.) Put my money where my mouth is and help fund a Kickstarter/IndieGoGo project each month (at whatever level I can afford to do, whether it's $5 or $50).

6.) Play at least 6 new games.

7.) I have a hard drive full of rpg pdfs. It's time to actually start reading and stop collecting.

8.) Convince my wife to play a board game that isn't Scrabble.

9.) Expand my dice collection by purchasing a set of Hollowpoint d6s from +Abraham Neddermann

10.) Convince +Abraham Neddermann to finally get a 7th Sea set of d10s created. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment