Sunday, November 4, 2012

D&D Coloring Book

In 1979 an official Dungeons and Dragons coloring book was released. The illustration was done by Greg Irons. In addition to some wonderfully evocative illustrations there were also descriptions of various creatures and a write-up of a quick adventure that you could play. Over at Monster Brains Aeron Alfrey uploaded scans of the book. I've gone and downloaded the scans and made a single PDF file out of them using the free software Image to PDF Converter. Counting the cover and the back page the pdf file is 32 pages long. I'd love to see people scanning in their coloring and giving them to me so I can upload and share with others. Here's a link the pdf.

Here are some sample pages.

Cover




The Inn


The Great Serpent





2 comments:

  1. This little coloring book, of all things, had a huge impact on my life. When I was little I walked out of a pharmacy with this in my hands. It influenced the art I created, interests I now have, games I got into - everything, like a domino effect. I haven't seen it since I was little, but have thought about it over the years. I see pictures that are like best friends and remember them like it was yesterday, and how strongly I felt about them. THANK YOU SO MUCH.

    ReplyDelete
  2. by the way, I found this (& your blog) because I was Googling "underground city" - which I wouldn't have been doing were it not for this coloring book!

    ReplyDelete